Half Day Trip - Dennison Ferry - 8 miles - Our shortest trip taking 3 to 4 hours depending on river level and your pace. Excellent trip for beginners or those with small children. Great scenery, limestone bluffs, a small cave (canoe accessible depending on water level). No Rapids. Class 1. Never closed due to low water level.
2. Full Day Trip - Houchens Ferry - 12 miles - This trip starts in the middle of Mammoth Cave National Park and ends at Houchens Ferry, taking 5 to 6 hours of paddling time. Beautiful scenery, limestone bluffs, extordinary wildlife and caves. Time depends on water level and your pace.
3. Two Day Trip - 20 miles - This is a combination of the two above trips.
4. Up to 10 Day Trips
Available, 70 miles northeast of Mammoth Cave National Park is our furthest drop point for camping trips. Canoers total paddle time depends on the water level and pace.
- All of the above trips are downstream from Green River
- A combination of any trips can be worked out.
- We are authorized to fill out camping permits.
- Most of the above trips are open year round.
- There are no rapids.
The type of canoeing and the best trip change with the water levels. Since all
canoeing rivers are fairly small streams, conditions can change rapidly. Generally
speaking, the water tends to be somewhat higher and faster in the spring and early summer
or after periods of substantial rainfall.
| Home | Area Description | Trip Descriptions | Rates | Canoeing Links |